24 November 2012

Villa away and other stuff...

Good morning to all you from a cold and overcast Cork.. Today we play Villa away... Villa are not in the best of shape at the moment. Surrendering a two goal lead against Utd and getting thrashed away at City last week. To be honest I expect us to win up there today. We should be full of confidence and morale should be high after the mid-week Champions League advancement.

I've had a read through the news this morning and see that Huntelaar is stalling over his contract in Germany.   So could this mean the 29 year old Dutch striker is on way to Emirates Stadium? He has had plenty of chance to join Arsenal before (So its been said) but never oped to join us. I think the reason for this could have been Van Persie. I think Huntelaar would have known that he was the man of the moment and knew he wouldn't get a game. But now things have changed, but my main concern about this is Giroud. For me he has been one of our most consistent players. His movement is a joy to watch, I feel once he has settled in fully he will go on to score a lot of goals. So signing Huntelaar, would it be good? Would he be on the bench? If so is he going to want to be on the bench? A player of his standard is going to be wanting to play week in week out and the same can said for Giroud.

I know we have to bolster the squad if we want any chance of fighting for cups and titles, but the only way the current player linked with us is going to fit in is if Arsene changes the tactics and his formation and to be honest I cant see him doing that. It also leaves another problem, Theo Walcott. If Huntelaar is signed and becomes an Arsenal player, surely this leaves the door open for Theo to leave. There would be a very small chance that he would get played in the central role he craves to play in, leaving only one option available and that is leave the club. So I'd be interested to here your views on this. Don't we need players in other positions first? In my opinion we need a proper central defensive midfielder. Arteta is great don't get me wrong but I feel sometimes he can leave us very open at the back, causing extra pressure for our back line.

I said I wanted to speak about the new deal signed with Emirates but judging by twitter and all the retweets I probably wouldn't be able to tell you anything you don't know already.

Enjoy the game and I'll be sharing my views on it tomorrow or Monday. Have to go to work to pay the bills!
Sing for the Arsenal!

Scotty
Follow me on Twitter @ScottyBoyGooner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any views on the post? Share it here!