24 November 2012

Blog Virginity Lost... #Liberation

First Time Blogger...


So, I've been thinking about writing a blog for sometime and today the opportunity presented itself - on Twitter, a platform I've only been using for just under a month anyway! 

Anyway, this is more of an introductory post and hopefully during the season you'll get to read a bit more about my views on the club I love and other football related stuff. 

Short Bio


I'm a current season ticket holder in the lower tier, and have been following Arsenal for as long as I remember due to my old man being Arsenal mad! Went to my first game in 1989 as a 4 year old, sat on his shoulders in the days when terracing was still normal...not that I remember it! In the last few years I've been going to away games too - you'll normally find me standing like the rest of the away support, singing my heart out. 


Some of my favourite players probably include those that you all love and adore, all the big guns such as Bergkamp, Henry, Pires and Adams. But there are others that are not as oft-mentioned - Limpar, Rocastle, Seaman and Parlour. Some of my most memorable games attended include the 4-0 victory over Liverpool in April 1992 (Limpar from the half-way line), 1993 FA Cup Final replay v Sheffield Wednesday, the last game of the unbeaten season v Leicester, the final salute game at Highbury v Wigan, countless North London derbies and the recent 7-5 win at Reading!

Thoughts on the season so far


Its been a bit of an up and down season so far - solid start, albeit with a lack of goals - note that everyone credited this to Steve Bould's presence in the dressing room but as the season has begun to progress, he gets mentioned fleetingly. We've got ourselves in the goals in the last few weeks, with Giroud and Podolski looking good but still look shaky at the back at times - evidenced by our nerves when that chimp Bale scored for the scum. I think Gibbs will return against Villa to give us our natural balance back...he and Poldi seemed to have been developing a good partnership prior to his injury. 

December will be a key month I feel. If we are realistically going to finish any higher than 4th (interpret that any way you wish!), we really need to get maximum points when you look at our league fixtures. These are all games we should be getting 3 points from if we are looking to challenge in the long term. 


The renewed sponsorship deal


Clearly in light of Scumchester Utd's sponsorship deal with Chevrolet, our commercial sponsorship needed to be addressed - to an extent, I would think it has been with this new deal. It will really need to be re-evaluated in a couple years time when other clubs re-negotiate their deals but the sounds coming out of the club are positive (I know we've heard those before though) so lets see if this additional revenue really does get spent at the end of season. I don't know enough about it other than what has come out of the club, so I can't really try to give you a more considered view - watch this space, perhaps in one of the next few posts I will.


Goodbye...for now...


Anyhow, I hope you all thought that was an interesting read - open to any thoughts/views either through this page or on Twitter (@MishDattani). In the meantime, I'm off to Villa Park for what I hope will be 3 points - come on you Gunners!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any views on the post? Share it here!